I used to get invites along with my husband to political fundraisers. Now I don't , but his sister does!Do you think that is a disrespect?

My hubby's boss never took his wife and a few others dropped taking their wives. So now come to find out my single sil is getting invited to the same fundraiser and I am not. The excuse my boss never takes his wife, but yet the sil goes. Then to top it off my sl asks why aren't you invited anymore? I feel so hurt and my hubby does not really mind so he does not have to worry about leaving me alone at a table. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• your sil is single right? if spouses are not invited for whatever reason i don't see what that has to do with your sil since she is nobody's spouse. it would be different if she was the only wife invited.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am going to guess that they're opting out from bringing their wives to bring the single ladies to the event. Don't you find it weird that your single SIL started being invited just as your husband and his co-workers stopped bringing their wives? I find that very suspicious. Not to say anything sneaky is going on, but maybe just a little eye candy for the fellas is all. I could be wrong, but from where I stand that's what it sounds like to me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Obviously they want single ladies there & not married ones....maybe they dont want wives "breathing down there neck". I would go anyway & if anyone asks, you can say that you thought your husbands invitation was for both of you, or you can just say that if your husband can go then so can you since you married and are one unit...LOL! I would pitch a fit & go anyway.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd have your husband question it. Is your SIL an employee or member of whatever organization they are being invited because of? I can't think of a time when my husband has attended one of these things and the invitation wasn't to us as a couple.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Go anyway.Or he can't go too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds like a meat market in the making. Next thing you'll know all the men will be bringing their mistresses instead.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Maybe you don't dress appropriately for the events?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010