Do you let your kids do door-to-door fundraising?

I bought from the young man -- a high school -- because I am familiar with the orgazation (ROTC) for which he was raising funds. We live in a very nice neighborhood and all, but in these days, I worry a lot more about the safety of our children. What are your thoughts?

Nebraskaoma

Asked by Nebraskaoma at 7:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• no....it is not even legal around here
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. In fact most packet envelopes for fundraisers tell you specifically not to let your child go door to door selling anything. It is dangerous!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• not yet he is not old enough plus the house are far apart
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No not usually. But my reasoning is b/c its annoying to the neighbors and I HATE trying to be sold something that I dont want by a kid. I wouldnt ever let him go alone or in a strange neighborhood. Just our little area.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I do, BUT, I am right there with him. He sold popcorn with Cub Scouts for a few years. How is it dangerous if I follow him on the road?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• DD sold girl scout cookies to only the neighbors we knew, but thats it...and I was with her.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 8:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Both my kids have done door-to-door selling. I'm always with them and we don't knock on every door - I'm selective about the ones I'll let them approach.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• BTW, he sold like $700 worth of popcorn every year. LOL You can't resist a cutie in a Cub Scout suit. HAha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes we go with them,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No, we skip all the door to door fundraisers. If I get kids here, I buy the girls scout cookies and the popcorn for boy scouts.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010