Best Coffee at home!

Whats the best coffee to brew at home? I'm having trouble finding the best coffee...oh and creamer too!!

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't use creamer, so I can't help you there - although the cream made from milk is probably what I'd reach for if I did. We buy Equal Exchange coffee through our parish's social action committee. We get the "breakfast blend". It's the best coffee ever. Here is the company's website:

http://shop.equalexchange.com/category.aspx?categoryID=42&siteID=030V6ppHnF0-7kYi7Mw34HU6VBW06bjjZg

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thanks so much :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• blah look on the back of all the coffemate type creamers and guess what they're made out of? hydrogenated oils lol. not good at all. i just use regular milk and you can get flavored coffee. i stink at making coffee so i have one of the kuerig coffee makers that you just put in the cup and water and it makes it for you. i can't figure out how to make coffee with a regular coffee maker to save my life lmao. but they have alot of different choices for coffee and you can also use the k-cup to use your own coffee too. o and another thing....when i buy coffee i always make sure it's fair trade so i know the farmers are getting paid for their work
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• liquid creamers have too many chemicals.My hubby uses half and half.It really improves the taste of coffee. I also use flavoring like the way they use at DD.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• For coffee, Seattle's Best is our favorite. Their flavored coffees are really good; my DH and I both prefer black coffee and we like their Cinnabon and Almond Roca flavors. For creamer, I like Coffee Mate International, the Creme Brulee is really good.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have a Keurig to and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Anytime I drink regular coffee it just tastes blah to me. Green Mountain is my fav brand and they have heaps of flavors (comes in k-cups or beans/grounds). Pumpkin Spice is my flavor this week. I use flavored syrups and milk I feel they go further then creamers and have btr flavor.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 8:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We drink only Allegro Coffee at home. Then again, my DH is the lead roaster for that company. It's available in Whole Foods stores. Another good brand is Buy Well Coffee. I know they were in Kroger and Costco in some places, but I'm not sure which regions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I like Dunkin Donuts coffee and 1/2 and 1/2 with a bit of sugar
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I use Dunkin Donuts, but any coffee with Arabica beans tastes good to me. I use half & half, the creamers have a chemical taste to me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I like an organic kona coffee. I don't get that bitter taste that
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 11:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2010