How important are my/ the prenatal vitamins?

i take a prenatal vitamin everyday, but im worried my diet isnt the what it should be even though i do my best to eat a variety of foods. do my prenatal vitamins help with my eating?

someone told me they take kid vitamins?

thanks for your answers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Prenatal vitamins have the important and proper amounts of minerals and vitamins needed for pregnancy, folic acid being one of them. Just keep taking them, they do help supplement what is missing in your diet.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• very! keep taking them, they have alot of good nutrients for you and the baby :)
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• thanks everyone :)
    sammyjoG

Answer by sammyjoG at 8:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• prenatal vitamins have most of what you need to keep you and the baby healthy. if you didn't take them you increase the risk for birth defects if your diet is not great. it just gives you the folic acid and other vitamins you need so you don't have to eat broccoli 24/7 lol. if you're taking them then you don't need to worry too much about your diet.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's easy to miss important nutrients even when we have a really good diet. Prenatals make sure you get them. Doesn't' mean you can survive on junkfood though, ; ) and I'm sure you aren't. Eat healthy and take those vitamins, it's good for you and the baby.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• thanks :)
    sammyjoG

Answer by sammyjoG at 8:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I take a Prenatal, and a 400 mcg. dose of Folic Acid daily. My OB said the extra Folic Acid would not hurt a thing, and helps to prevent a lot of birth defects.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Some ppl that cannot stomach prenatals take 2 flintstone vitamins a day. They are basically the same thing but easier on the belly!
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 8:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If you do decide to take an over the counter children's vitamin, please make sure it contains the necessary amounts of folic acid and iron, both of which are very important during pregnancy.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i takes flintstones

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010