Could you be elected?

I was thinking about this last night. I could not be. I support changing Social Security to a needs based system. The upper 5% that is so maligned and everyone wants to tax them certainly don't need $1000 a month (approximately) from the federal government. Giving them an out of Medicare will be doing them a favor.

That said would you be elected with you stance on the issues that effect our country?

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 8:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• nope, i would be a terrible president lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• o and i'm not old enough yet either lol
    princessbeth79

• Nope, only Christians are allowed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I couldn't handle lots of people hating me & talking shit about my family. I'd probably cry a lot...lol! But, i do have lots of good ideas! Maybe i could be an advisor or something....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• lol @ NP!

yeah, people would probably think i side with terrorists because i'm hindu! LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• For president? Public speaking isn't my thing, I'd be the next big hit on SNL. LOL I think I'm "middle of the road" enough to get the votes, but would be no competition for the smear campaigners out there, I'm just not that ridiculous. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. I'm not versed well enough in lying to get away with it. It's too hard to keep track of your lies and eventually they are what ends up doing you in. No politicians are completely honest, so I wouldn't be a good fit. Boo for me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• regardless of my stances on controversial issues, my blunt personality and honest nature would be my downfall. i do not have a poker-face and i have no ability, natural or learned, to schmooze with people who want to kiss my ass in order to gain something from me-i can't do it, nor tolerate that kind of character.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• OP, why would you expect people to PAY IN to SS and not receive it when they retire? SS is not PA. I am fine with never receiving it myself, but I would really like to not have to pay for it if I'm not going to get it.

NP, I would consider voting for you. I don't care what your faith is. I would care if you couldn't refrain from attacking mine though. Your stance on fiscal issues imo is more important than the social ones.

I plan on running for school board when the seat comes open. The guy holding it now has no sense of the whole budgeting thing. I think my chances will be good. I have served on several board committees and am known fairly well around town.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• In a perfect world you're right. Unfortunately, the system as it stands doesn't work. Taking those who don't need the income out of the system would lower the burden. In a perfect world we would all be able to save and support ourselves in our retirement. That isn't the case and not all who can save (ie 401k) do so.
    sopranomommy

Comment by sopranomommy (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010