its my DD's second week in daycare...

she only goes mon wed fri and only for about 5 or 6 hrs but i feel SO GUILTY and i miss her so much...will this go away or at least get better? its important for her to go and be around the other kids and learn and while she is there im job-hunting (which is a job in itself!) and doing housework, running errands, groceries etc... but for some reason i feel terrible for leaving her there since im not going to a job or something where i have no choice but to take her to daycare...and its a GREAT daycare, shes in excellent hands, im not worried in that regard but will this get easier? shes not going to forget who her mommy is right??? lol she is 13 wks btw

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Good luck on the job hunting, that is very time consuming. The little one wont forget who mommy is and you will all soon fall into a routine. You will also meet new friends in similar situations which is great. I don't think the guilt ever goes away, but you compartmentalize it and learn to ignore the mommy drive-bys from people who don't know your particular situation.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I guessi don't understand why you pay for daycare if you are home? Personally, I would keep her with me until I started working outside the home. JMO But all kids adjust after some time passes.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no, she will NOT forget who her mommy is and if you have found a place that you feel is providing her quality care, then I promise it will get easier (my ds is 5 and I went back to work when he was 11 weeks)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I never understood why people have kids when all they are going to do is put them in daycare all day. I used to work at a daycare I was with the kids all day and then they went home ate dinner and went to bed. No time for quality time with the parents. Hmm.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010