Do you think it's odd?

that some of my hubby's immediate family have not even congratulated us on our new baby? (she's 6 weeks old.) Maybe it goes along with some of their other bad manners?! LOL It's a happy time for us, & they act like they could care less, other than one of his brothers & sisters. WTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• wow yeah that is soo not cool
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• maybe some don't even know or really don't care all that much if you don't see certain people all that much. Its a normal human reaction. The closer you are to someone the more interest you have in them (same with the opposite). It may not be that big a deal to someone that you never see.

Its also possible that they haven't heard or were never told for the same reasons, they just aren't that close or interactive with everyone.

Maybe some have a bad memory and don't remember because they are involved in their own lives (or not as much with yours'). Do you remember everything good that happens to them? Probably not. Its just human. I'm sure no offense was meant by some of them.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thats so sad, yes i think its strange,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Very odd and sad, how I wish I had even one of those!

Answer by older at 10:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Not to me.  I have family that could care less when we have kids.  So I really don't care if they care any more.

We just had our 5th baby in July.  I don't think I ever heard anything from my brother.  When he found out I was pregnant again his response was, "WHAT THE F@#% IS WRONG WITH YOU!"  So, yeah, not really caring about his opinion.  I love him but he can be a real douche sometimes.

When I had my 4th child I sent birth announcements to both our families and not a single person congratulated us (just my immediate in-laws and 1 of my aunts who I named the baby after).  So I didn't send any this time.  People found out by reading my facebook.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2010