What would you have done

My Dear Husband dropped off my daughters yesterday at school I guess as he was backing in he backed into someone's front bumper. He got out and looked at her bumper and his and there was no dampage. He did not say anything to anyone but someone must have seen it and told the lady at the school. So I get confronted by lady yesterday when I picked up my girls from school. I apologized and said my husband would contact her. He didn't even tell me about this so I called him very upset and asked him to call her and apologize. I am very embarrased by this whole situation and really do not want to pick up my kids anymore. The lady works at the school ugh !!!!! I am just curious what would you have done in this situation ??????

ramajil

Asked by ramajil at 9:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I was the hubby i would have left a note.. but not everyone is willing to leave notes.. but then again if theres no damage, people wont put their name on a note. kinda no point.. if i was you though i would be pretty peeved.. you hubby needs to ring her and explain why he didnt think it necessary because there was no damage, and if he had damaged her car he would have put a note on the car.. but the fact of the matter is what he did was wrong. even though he thought it wouldnt be a problem. maybe see it in your eyes. if someone backed into your car and didnt cause damage and drove off and you didnt notice until someone told you.. wouldnt you be annoyed too/??
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no damage no biggie..I would tell the woman he noticed no damage and thought then it's okay to go..Which IT IS!
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• isnt this what BUMPERS ARE FOR??? people need to find something else to worry about...there was no harm done and i would have done the same thing as your hubby...he, too, prob understands the purpose of a bumper on a car and just thought nothing of it...the only way it would be a big deal is if there were a driver or passengers in the other car, then i would have made sure everyone was ok just to be nice
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• he should just call her or better yet have him drop the girls off and talk to woman in person......but honestly if there was no damage i would have done the same thing as your hubby.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No damage,no worries. I would call and explain though. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well if there was absolutely no damage...what is all the fuss about. I think that is pretty petty on her part. I would just hold my head up and let it blow over. Some people sheece!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If I had been your husband I would have done the same thing.  If I had been the lady I wouldn't have worried about it.  Bumpers are there to protect the car from...bumps.  If I were you I would have just said, "I'm sorry," and carried on with my day and not worried about it any more.

Some people will find anything to complain about.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2010