I was looking at another post about people going crazy in society without religion. Although I'm religious, i dont think that true. Religion can be beautiful if done correctly. I know religious people that only follow part of the bible, like they'll go to church but on the weekends go to the bars to get drunk for ex. But not everyone is the same. My ? is, Do you think that every religion is the same, or are there religions that follow the bible better? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• i think people are crazy because of religion...to some though, it is their drug to keep them sane.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I believe in all path ways to God or "Enlightenment" Religon doesn't make you a good person it is your decsions that do, religon for me is juat a guide on how to be a better person..
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• religion is only as good as the person following it. that said, there is no religion better at 'following the bible' than another. its completely up to the person practicing..or not practicing, as the case may be.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• religions that follow the bible better? nope

Part of the problem is that even with JUST Christianity- of the people who claim to be christian, no one can seem to agree on what the bilbe says or mean in many different areas so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Do you think that every religion is the same, or are there religions that follow the bible better?

All who follow the bible are of the christian persuasion, regardless of which flavor.

There are many, many, many religions which are less harmful than christianity- do you even realize that there ARE other religions?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My mother was very close to God before she passed away but did not read the bible or know anything in it except the Ten Commandments. Being human does not make you a hypocrite in a religious sense, it only means that we are truly human and without sin.
    amccrea

Answer by amccrea at 9:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have found a church that more closely follows the Bible's example of the New Testament church than others. That being said, however, it is up to each individual to choose whether they practice what they say they believe. Some in the world have the mistaken idea that Christians, in particular, have to "be" perfect or act perfect, never making a false step . If you do, they're ready to pounce. I am a Christian. I am by no means perfect, nor will I ever be perfect on this earth. But it won't stop me from trying. It's my job here to grow in spirituality and understanding, and to strive for perfection. And then to ask for forgiveness when I sin and keep going.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• IMO, all religion is the same- negative at it's core and totally unnecessary.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Religion to me is the political side of faith. I have faith, but I don't claim a specific religion. We are Christian because we believe in God and Christ, but I don't think it's right to force feed any religion to anyone. I don't know what religion is the better one for the world, that's not my place to decide, I just need to find what works best for me and work with my husband to find what is best for our family.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I believe that religion is meant to be a positive force in the world, but people misuse it, just as they misuse many other ideals or systems. I believe there is good and bad to be found, and I do believe that each path or way of faith teaches what it really believes is the truth - just because men don't follow it doesn't mean that its the religion's fault. And I do believe each denomination follows the Bible, people just have different beliefs about whether its meant to be taken literally or allegorically, but each denomination does believe it is following what they believe the Bible says.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010