more on my how to? adult content

we were giving timeouts but that didn't do anything, sense he is used to yelling will it take a while for him to stop trying to get me to yell? also( my son has like double energy for a normal 2 year old.. what can i do to keep him busy so i don't have to keep him sitting and watching the t.v i don't like it but what do i do??

We have a very small yard. but big enough we just have horrible neighbors that like to come out and talk to christian all the time. christian doesn't know them and they are to buddy buddy with them it bothers us so we keep him inside the house while were at home.. i know he needs his outside time but what do we do or anything?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 9:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they have Wii games for little kids that teaches them letters and colors while they move.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it's expensive, but a smart cycle might be a good idea too. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think you need to get them away from the TV. in my opinion too much TV is bad for your kid.. there have been studies that have proven this too.

why cant you take him to a park or beach or lake? somewhere were he can be active.

he may actually be highly intelligent (so he is bored and acting out) or he may have some behavioural issues..You need to get him outside. let him experience new things.. .
    as for the yelling.. dont yell back.. he feeds of your frustration, that is why he keeps doing it.. ignore hiim ( i know its hard)
    and do the time outs by small blocks of time. no more then 5 minutes. IMO.

Let him run around , go to a park.. he needs a new environment.. i would say he is bored and frustrated.. also what ar eyou feeding him? is there any preservites or colourings in anything you give him? sweets, chocolates etc? they may also be a factor
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, I will say that DS is 2 as well (almost 3) and has A LOT of energy, so I can understand. He's throwing tantrums, honey! This is what they do. They are learning their emotions & their wants, etc. For me, once DS starts throwing a tantrum, I try to talk to him & redirect. If he's in a full on scream about something, I'll ignore him or tell him if he wants to cry he has to go in his room (or if we're out, I'll ask if he wants to go home). This usually works, but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes we'll use a time out & just let him sit & scream his head off while he's in time out (most of the time this happens if he's done something wrong in the first place & then a tantrum comes on top of it). To keep him busy...take him to a park, play with play-doh, dance together, have him "help" you clean up, take walks, do finger paints, coloring books, read stories together, etc.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Take him to story hour. Look in your community to see whats going on. My daughter is busy in summer time as well as winter time. She is involved in everything in our community. Most of the community things are free and very nice programs. I started story hour with my daughter at 14 mths old. She just turned 3. Also look into pre school. My daughter started when she was 2, she went for two days a week and loved it. This is just pre school not daycare. As moms we need interaction to, I met two very nice moms at story hour and we have become very good friends. Even our husbands know each other. We go over each others house for dinner and other things like that. Good Luck!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010