Would you trust this mortgage broker or move on to a different one?

So this mortgage broker we are going thru seems funny..I know I should trust my gutt instinct but this guy since we started looking for a home is pushing us toward the more expensive homes we cannot afford and I've told him we can't afford that payment and he's before quoted us on what our payment will be and it's higher than what he quoted..We also feel pushed into a certian home and it's a foreclosure and I feel like something is wrong there he offered according to what we were told $145k for the house 3 days later he comes and tells us he's offered $153k and this is without notifying us first before doing so...I was pissed! It's like he knows the more we pay the more he makes..but dh for some reason wants to keep going thru this man I on the other hand want a second opinion..here;s something else funny his wife is the realestate agent and he's the broker...He does anything in his power to push us away from not going thru

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• a different agent..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• definately go to someone else girl. he is fishier then a fish market.. a good broker will tell you what you can realistically survive on. he will calculate your expenses and earnings in front of you.. show you the facts and go through it.. dont go through him.. especially a foreclosure.. you dont want to be pumping money into a piece of property you may never even get title to.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Find someone else. Brokers know that people qualify for higher mortgages than what they are actually comfortable paying - he shou;d be helping you find a home in the range you are comfortable with.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Find someone else, but file a complaint with the State that regulates his license. Apparently he lacks any ethics and his license should be revoked. Brokers like this is what got the country in the current Mortgage mess.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• find someone new, and this time make sure they listen to you not thier own voice.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Go to a new one and complain about this current one to the Better Business Bureau. And complain about the wife too.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would find someone else. I had a few people claim they would help and do things, and then I really found the best out there, and he even helped me refianance a year later to help me save money. It was and ordeal to say the least, but he always listened, and answered my questions, and I felt safee with him.
    Softone

Answer by Softone at 10:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Take the time to file a complaint with both the state and his office. Also contact the broker at the realtors office. This is illegal and unethical.
    Always be weary.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Broker and agent all in one sounds really wrong. this sounds kind of similar to what a lady in my town tried to do to my mom. She was a real estate agent selling her own home and was trying to get my mom to take out a double mgt or some mess and when my mom reported it (actually she called her company with questions and they wanted the whole story) the woman was fired. I dont remember the ins and outs of what all she did but it definitely was not RIGHT!!! Go through someone else a buyer ALWAYS has that right, do not work with someone who is pushy. It should be a comfortable working relationship!!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You need new broker and agent. If they are pushing you to go beyond your comfort level then they don't want your business bad enough. The term 'the customer is always right' comes to mind. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010