can you get sick from this?

Can you get sick from sitting in front of a fan for a long time? im 7 months pregnant and sweating and am SO HOT lol...so can that cause me any sickness/? like a cold or something? im jw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if your ot it is probably from that heat can make you feel realyl sick .. try a cool shower
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• you get sick from a virus or bacteria NOT from cold air.
    Anonymous

• im not feeling sick im just hot from being a huge prego chick lol. i was just wondering anon thanks for the answer :)
    Anonymous

• I wake up in the morning all stuffed up sometimes when i sleep with my fan blowing on me and so do my kids.
    Anonymous

• Try a cool shower, drink some ice water, have a popsicle. Go barefoot! The only concern I'd have is if there's a lot of dust on the fan blades and if you have allergies. Otherwise, just relax and fan away!

Fans don't cool the air, by the way, anon 7:18, they just make you feel cool by rushing the air over your skin faster which evaporates the sweat.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 8:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• ew i HATE having dust on fans lol its a really big pet peeve of mine, so its completely DUST FREE. lol
    Anonymous

• I think whatever makes you not feel hot during pregnancy is great.... fan it up! Unless you are drenched with sweat and having freezer temp air fanning you... I wouldn't worry. Good luck momma!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i eat Alot of ice..it is a preggo craving of mine and when im done, im damn near freezing..it works for a little bit..try that...i Have to sleep w a fan on at night or ill be wayyyyy too hot. if youre hot, turn the fan on..and if you're Really concerned about it making you sick, consult your dr..you're gonna get a Million different answers on here.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2008