Do you invite friends and family for holidays to eat?

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 9:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• Since my grandmother's death like 10 years ago, my family has scattered and there are only a few of us left in this city so I always invite my aunt and my cousin over for the holidays.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have an open house on Christmas Eve day. I have a full food spread and people come over at all times to eat and visit and such. This is a relief on them as they are busy with the last minute shopping/wrapping/baking/cleaning and have little time for meals.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yes i spend most nov/dec cooking and having/attending meals with friends and family
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, every year I have my in laws over for Christmas Dinner. Sometimes I do Thanksgiving with them too, other times I go to my aunt's on my mom's side.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We invite friends, family seem to invite themselves. If my parents are in town they will let us know they are coming, my in-laws just show up, we never know who will be here but that's the way hubby's family is.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would love to have everyone come here but they want us to go to their houses. So we get to travel to two different states for the holidays.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Of course. Isn't that the point of Holidays? To celebrate and give thanks to those who surround you with love, happiness, and support? I think that's the most important time to spend time with your loved ones. Now, with that said it doesn't always happen that everyone gathers in one place. I've always wanted to host the Holiday events that my Grandparents did. They had EVERYONE over for the Holidays and it was seriously the best time of year. I really would love that! But again, it doesn't happen as everyone has their own traditions.. But we do have an open house for anyone who wants to stop by.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I go to my Mom's for Christmas dinner every year. I have been helping more and more b/c I know it will be my turn to take over soon
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes every year but they only show up for Thanksgiving
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010