Inguinal Hernia?

I went in yesterday to get a lump in my groin checked out and found out I have an inguinal hernia. Doctor said most likely it is because of the last c section I had and the added weight in my uterus that I am gaining so quickly with twins. Right now it isnt painful but she said she could easily see it getting painful towards the 6th or 7th month. The bigger I get the more weight and pressure that will be on top of it. Anyone ever dealt with this?? She also said the only way to really treat it is surgery, which they prefer not to do on pregnant women for many reasons, one of them being that there is a big possibility that the stitches inside could just bust open again from the pressure and added weight later on.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have one. I developed it after I had my twins. I still have it. It does get painful after a long day on my feet. I really need to have it removed but I have 8 kids so no time.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010