Will you vote Democrat or Republican on November 2nd?

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US President Barack Obama remains vastly popular with voters who gave him the White House in 2008, but just two thirds now say they will back Democrats in key elections two weeks away, according to a poll out Tuesday.

The CBS News survey found 82 percent of those who cast ballots for Obama two years ago approved of the job he has done as president, while 67 percent said they would vote for Democrats in the November 2 mid-term contest.

Overall, eight percent said they would vote for Republicans, while 21 percent said they were uncertain, according to the poll, which had an error margin of plus or minus three percentage points.

Among independents, the swing voters who often decide US elections, 42 percent said they would back Democrats, 12 percent said they would vote Republican, and 38 percent said they could still be persuaded.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The biggest race in NY is who is going to replace the blind boob. Hopefully it wont be the boob Paladino.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 2:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Interesting contrast from Gallup

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am registering indy and will vote for the best candidate for each position in my opinion regardless of their political party.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• still researching...and trying to make up my mind between the libertarian candidate and the pub.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sorry, I got stuck on the "vastly popular" part of the question for a minute...then I read where the poll came from! LOL

I am voting Republican and Independent...with probably 1 Democrat. I haven't decided completely. I am really unhappy with a number of things he has done.......but he personally helped me with a situation and I have a real sense of obligation. We wil see. Our local elections have no party affiliations!!! I LIKE that!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i early-voted on monday..and as the choices were, i voted Rep and Green..sorry, no Dems got checked on my ballot.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• As for me~ Independent, Republican
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Pubs and indies
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Independent, Republican
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• REPUBLICAN!!!!! Nothing on this planet would ever make me go back and vote Dem. I was raised Dem, registered that originally, and was proud for many years. However, since it's been perverted and taken over by the Liberals, I am now very proudly a registered Republican, and haven't looked back, except to just shake my head, sadly, as the party that used to be all about the people is now all about the weirdoes.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 11:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010