How much should a 2 week old sleep in between feedings?

My son is 2 weeks old and sleeps so much! During the day I have to wake him every 3-4 hours to eat, at night I let him wake himself up. When he eats he is awake and stays awake for about 15-20 minutes after he eats and then it's back to sleep until the next feeding... It's been so long since I've had a newborn in the house, I seem to have forgotten if this is normal. I feel like ALL he does is sleep... and I'm worried that something is wrong with him. Any advise?

tealsangel

Asked by tealsangel at 8:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's perfectly normal...he's still so young...that's all they do. Enjoy it while you can! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 8:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Every 3-4 hours seems right to me, but I would check with your doctor. Good luck! :)
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• He should sleep A LOT! Totally normal. My baby girl still sleeps a lot (shes almost 6 monts)...I def wouldn't worry, but if you do, call the ped...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008