How long after your toddler vomits to you offer milk?

She's very congested and I suspect the vomiting was caused by gagging on it but I cant be sure of course...she vomited about 2 hours ago, has had half a sippy of pedialyte and a small serving of cheerios. She's playing fine now...when would you offer her milk?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she's congested the last thing you should offer her is dairy products. Dairy causes the mucus to thicken, which could make her congestion worse. You should stick to the pedialite and light foods.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• don't give milk, it will make the mucous worse
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• dont give milk at all until the congestion is gone, keep on pedialyte or gatorade. if congestion of vomitting last longer than 2 days with no improvement call pediatritian.
    Tfor2

Answer by Tfor2 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. I would not offer milk. If she wants milk, you can try diluting it with water. Otherwise, I would try to get her to drink as much non-dehydrating fluids as she will. Throwing up is good though because it's bringing up all that mucus.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No sooner than 24 hours after she last threw up. Only clear liquids for the next day.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010