How do you keep your love alive,

I love my DH, sometimes i get so bored i just wander if it would be easier just to move on, Then i think no matter who or what , it will get boring, so what can i do,

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 9:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• It would be easier to leave, yes. But marriage is work. Keeping love alive means working at it. Love is a choice. Sometimes you may not like him but you choose to love him anyway. You need to decide what you want from the relationship and then sit down and talk to him. Not in an accusing manner, but tell him how you feel and allow him to do the same. It's not going to fix itself in one sitting, I'm willing to bet. But keep working at it. What did you love about him when you were dating? What did you like to do together? Spend time with one another getting reacquainted. You may surprise yourself. And him. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Hun, no one is perfect if you are going to love someone you got to take the good and the bad. I have been married 38 years and I still get a thrill when he comes home to me, and believe me when I tell you the man is far from perfect, but I love him and his faults.....

Answer by older at 10:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Marriage relationships take two. That said, let him know what your needs are. I suggest the book "5 Love Languages" - it gives you great ideas for helping both of you express and feel more love. Also, that romance of first love does dim with time. But that's when real, deep, long-lasting love can develop. The harder you work at your relationship, the more you fall in love with him, and the deeper your commitment goes. You take it one day at a time and suddenly, years have gone by and you realize you wouldn't ever want any one else.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• why are you bored? do you love him and are IN love with him still? do you find him attractive at all? do you see him as your best friend?? those questions help you figure out your answer.. if you dont think you are meant to stay together and genuinely considered it then maybe may be a time to move on. but why dont you write out a list.
    pros and cons of staying. why do you want to stay? why dont you want to be with him? whats wrong with him? is it the relationship or is it you?? could you be just going through a rough time??? cant really give you anything unless i know more.. any more info??
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Do you mean sex or love?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well if your so board with him as it seems you are you might need to move on yoiu may just be one of those people who is hard to please just like my fiance....You might just need to move from relationship to relationship some people are just like that...Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Marriage is work, it does not come easy. If you are in love with him and jsut bored, work on it. Because the next guy could have all of his same faults, plus a drug problem. There is no one who is perfect and it could always be worse.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have been married for 16 years now. And believe me, it's not been that easy. We have had some REALLY ruff times. I've even left a few dozen times (never divorced, just separated). I found that making a list of his faults only made things worse because then I would dwell on them. But when I began to list his strengths , the things I loved about him, the longer the list got. I learned that complaining to him about my feeling or thoughts only made matters worse. And now, if he can tell that I am upset he will come and ask instead of running away like he used to. Because I found that if I couldn't approach him in a non-accusatory way, then I would say something like "I am just having a bad day and need some time to cry it out." or "I am having a hard time dealing with things right now. I'll talk when I feel better."
    Look at the positives. And remember, everyone hates being accused, even if it is true.
    JustMe0499

Answer by JustMe0499 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I do love him, I did see him as a friend, however he can never keep his mouth shut, he cant keep anything to him self, So i learned not to tell him anything important. Looks is not an issue for him. I think my main complaint would be . He can be so much like a child, Not to mention the fact he has lied to me about some of the silliest things mostly so i want complain at him... I just don't know anymore...
    kileighsmommie

Comment by kileighsmommie (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010