How do you tell your husband you are tired of entertaining on Sundays to his family?

His mom got sick and his father is always galavanting at fundraising events.His sister is a spoileds 40 something that still lives at home and I get stuck being the servant. Anyone have some words of wisdom that does not sound like a rant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If you can't rant to your husband who can you? I would just tell him how you feel but without being uppity about it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ha, tell him its his turn to handle the sunday family event and he'll see himself how much "fun" it is.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• tell his family...I love you guys but this is a lot of work ...followed by ...so who's going to host next Sundays event and give me a break so we can all take turns :)
    Brandyh

Answer by Brandyh at 10:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Start making plans for yourself or with your family. you don't have to put up with this. chop it off at the neck NOW!!! Or you will be their servant put your foot down girl.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• How does your husband feel about these Sundays? I know that my dh's family likes to get together alot but when we talked about it he was fine with not always getting together. Between trying to spend time with BOTH of our families it can be alot and we decided to come up with a sort of schedule. Maybe once a month we entertain each side of the family and if they have a get together then we don't have to do something at our home. Plus, you can tell him that Sundays is a day to relax and get ready for the work week. (That's how we feel about Sundays)
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Be honest with him. "Honey, I feel that I'm being taken advantage of when it comes to entertaining your family. I don't want to do that anymore."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Tell your husband how you feel. Be careful with the words you use, because he may use those same ones when explaining to his family! Better yet, you explain that it's become too much, and I would definitely ask the sister to pitch in. If she says she can't cook, then tell her she can do the clean-up and hand her a dishtowel. Do it with a smile on your face. Or come up with another activity to do on a Sunday, and just say you're sorry, that you've made other plans and that someone else will need to do the Sunday dinner. What about asking your hubby and his father to prepare it. Most men like to grill. But make sure they understand they're doing everything. I'd find some thing I had to do being away from the house until it was time to eat.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• What's wrong with suggesting "Why don't we spend this Sunday by ourselves?" Or, get him to help you out more. They are HIS family after all!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Tell him to do all the work because your tired of.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010