Why do some people take advantage of an honest person's kindness?

If you are nice to someone they try to step all over you and use and abuse you. As long as you "go with the flow," everything is ok. Once you gather the courage and seize the moment to stand up for yourself, all h... breaks loose, and you are considered all sorts of negative adjectives...

Grotezus

Asked by Grotezus at 10:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Because they attribute kindness for weakness.

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My dh and I have someone like that in our lives. It is because they are spoiled and selfish. Everything is great and going fine until the words "I'm sorry we can't do that for you" come out of our mouth. Then we are every nasty name you can think of. Selfish, Selfish, Selfish!
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would have to agree with that. It's an... "It's all about me" attitude.
    JustMe0499

Answer by JustMe0499 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They do it because they know that they can get away with it.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I've been having this conversation. I'm trying not to get too involved because it involves family, but she is a very nice person and bc of that she gets taken advantage of all the time. I just told her that there comes a time when you have to put your niceness aside, get a backbone, stand up for yourself and not put with crap! Her niceness does make her appear weak, but she's anything but weak!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010