Will they still go to hell if they do not act on it?

Watching Tyra brought up a very good question. If a gay or bisexual person does not have sex with someone of the same gender, but still has the thoughts or longing to do so will they go to hell in your opinion?

I am going to ask that you do not vote people down for beliefs. How can we learn if they will not speak up and tell us.

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• They aren't going to hell anyway because it doeesn't exist. However even if they don't act on it, lust is one of the seven deadly sins. From what I've been told even thinking about it is lust so ummm..... I guess we're all going to hell. Honestly I do not believe that, if god even exists, he would send them to hell for being they way he made them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• God doesn't care about sexual orientation. Acted on or not acted on. I would actually say that God would rather you act on it, being that denying who you are is not the way you should be living. Also, Hell doesn't exist, so no one can possibly go there.
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 12:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• NONE of them will go to hell.....LOL. Being gay or bisexual ....whether or not a person acts on it....doesn't send them to Hell....WHAT THE HECK?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 1) Homosexuality isn't a sin.
    2) Hell was added years after the Bible was canonized.

So no, homosexuals and bisexuals are not going to hell whether they act on their attractions or not.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Seriously? They're not going to Hell just because they're gay.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Hey flat, nothing immoral about loving and being loved, regardless of the gender, and that community of yours is a business out to make money out of the poor souls who think that sexual orientation can be changed!!!

Answer by older at 1:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• " are two wonderful communities in which people can get the counsel they need to help overcoming homosexual desires. It's a place they can feel welcome and a place where they can bring their desires and behavior in harmony with their values. It's a place where they can be free from the pressure to engage in immoral sexual activity."

It's places like that that are wrong in this society. The idea that it is something to "overcome" and it's immoral are part of the reason kids get kicked out of their homes and our gay youth are killing themselves.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I love how "non believers" and lumped into the hellbound group with the rapists, murderers and child molesters, lmao! That's why I don't care for christianity.
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• As a Muslim I believe that only acting upon it qualifies it as sin. The devil can whisper all sorts of terrible thoughts into our heads but it is our choice (our use of our own free will) to act upon our thoughts. We are in control of every action we take but it's what is in our hearts that is private and known only to us and to God that will be judged. If someone has these thoughts and they feel they are wrong and do not act on them they have not sinned and their intentions are good so they will not count against them on the day of judgment. Acting on it is what qualifies it as a sin. People who have ever thought about stealing something but didn't are not guilty of being theives. People who've thought about murder but never did it are not murderers. People who think about acting on homosexual thoughts but do not are not homosexuals.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 4:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I like the way you stated that.

I believe that if they do not act on their desires, assuming they've been baptized and are living to the best of their ability, that they will not go to hell for simply being gay. It's the act that's wrong.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010