I want to be a nursing aid

hi i am wanting to apply for nursing aid but i have no work history and no other things i can really put on it but that i finished high school.but i really want this job i am unsure how to go about it but fill out the application and see what happens but i am sure i need something else to boost my chances of getting this job.so any body out there who had the same thing going on our anyone who can give me advice ty.

joannabenjamin2

Asked by joannabenjamin2 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need certification first

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it only requiers a high school diploma in my area at the local hospital it stated on there web site no other certification needed
    joannabenjamin2

Comment by joannabenjamin2 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Getting the certification will give you a leg up though. It only takes 2-3 weeks.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 10:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with the others. The only way you can give yourself a leg up is to complete the training course. The American Red Cross offers these classes- http://www.cnatrainingclass.com/red-cross-cna-class

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• K. There is Nurse Aide (NA) and Certified Nurse Aide (CNA). NA doesn't, in every state new certification. BUT CNA, in every state, needs to have certification. Rules have changed and most states are getting more strict due to law suits. I was CNA for years in hospital, but then moved up to Trauma Tech. NOT all states have Trauma Tech either, most use LPN.
    MomsHome3

Answer by MomsHome3 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It might not be required but it sure would look good on the application from the employer’s point of view. It would mean you are serious about being a nurse aid vs. someone that never studied for it. Not unless you know someone in the hospital that you can use as a reference.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2010