Are there any non-Christians voting for McCain?

I've seen so many people saying McCain has "evangelical views". And I know a lot of Christians are voting for McCain based on his values and policies on the subjects they care about. So I was wondering, how many of you out there are voting for McCain, but are not Christian?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 8:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• im voting for him and im not christian.
    Anonymous

• I'm not voting.
    Anonymous

• Athiest who voted for McCain here.
    Anonymous

• Will you tell me why? I'm curious...
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am a conservative republican. (I'm the athiest). McCain is the closest thing to a conservative republican running. He supports the ideas of the constitution (smaller federal government) and he also supports capitalism. I like his plan for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not crazy about him supporting the bailout, but like I said he is the closest thing to a conservative republican running.
    Anonymous

• You can agree with someone's values, think they are good values for society, and not share a religion. I am Christian but I do not believe that values are a religious thing. My husband is aethist and thinks values are important. The only thing religion has to do with values is the big "stick" of going to hell if you don't obey. People can agree on values without needing the threat of going to hell.

There is also more to a candidate than religion or values. There is fiscal policy, foriegn policy, leadership qualities, abilitiy to work with others, honor and integrity, and many other things.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am not a Christian and I voted for McCain today.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am not a Christian, but I will be voting for him. I dont think the Christian religion has EVERYTHING to do with voting republican. Alot(most not all) of Muslims do vote republican due to abortion, gay marriage, and welfare issues. They have the same kind of mindset as most religious Christians do and that is why alot of Muslims vote Republican. BTW Im Muslim lol
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am not christian and voting for McCain/Palin
    Anonymous

• religion has nothing to do with it
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008