First words?

My 5 1/2 month old says dada now... constantly... she also says baba.... I didn't think this would happen for a while. Is it because I talk a lot? lol. Whats the normal age anyone know?
I know there are wide ranges for development, no "all babies are different" answers please - :)

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was exactly 6 months old when I said mama. and 6 months and 3 days old when I said dada. it ranges from 5 months to 7 or 8 months. You just have a smart baby!!!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Smart baby! My DH teases me because our DS talked early, and I talk a lot too. If you visit BabyCenter.com, they have a developmental milestones chart that might be really helpful for you! :)
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yeah like 5 to 5 1/2mths for both my kids and my daughter just turned 1 and has known, dada, mama, nana. She also knows what lay down means and night night since like months ago. I just would keep saying it when I'd lay her down and she would keep trying to get up I'd say, lay down and lay her back down. She got used to it and would lay down when I said it. I tell her go get ur puppies, toys, and she does, lol
    Anonymous

• my son was about 5 months old when he 1st said mama, then he would never say it, but now he says mama, dada, baba, and nana, he will also wave bye or hey and he will give you high fives, but i have to say we work with him alot and he picks up on the littlest things, i think he is a smart baby but i think it also has to deal with if you "work" with them or not
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2008