I'm needing some me time really bad I feel like i'm going to scream but no one will watch my kids.

Is there any way I can get some me time while having my kids with me if they wont take a nap???I want to scream.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have been seeing a counselor since a home invasion earlier this year. One assignment she gave me was that every weekend I can 4 hours by myself out of the house....hubby stays with the kids and I take that time. I feel refreshed and ready to go back into mommy mode when I get home. We ALL need time to ourselves.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• how old are they? If they still sleep in a crib just put them in there and if they scream let them ( my dr. said up to an hr is fine)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I meant at naptime btw lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• is there a daycare around that you can hire to watch them periodically?
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Depending on their ages, especially since you don't give them naps, they mush sleep longer than you at night. So, after you put them to bed, you have your me time. It sounds like you are a stay-at-home mom. Try trading off with friends. They watch your kids and next time, you watch theirs. Also, if they are not getting enough sleep, they get cranky, so if they don't want naps, institute a quiet time, where they lay down or at least stay on their beds or in cribs. When you put them down, read them a story, if they start screaming, just read very quietly, and ignore their screaming, they will end up quieting just to hear the story. If they behave, when it's time to get up, they get a special treat, if not no treat. Sounds like they have your number, that whenever they scream, you do what they want. If that's the case, you need to let them know that you won't give them any attention when they do. Good luck. You can do it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010