What about the non-gay kids who were bullied to death?

I have my purple clothes all ready to go for the day. But I really must wonder.

Why does this specific group of bullied kids get a day of rememberance? Shouldn't ALL kids who were bullied to the point of suicide get a day of rememberance? I've read several news stories of kids who killed themselves due to bullying because of other reasons. Other reasons they ALSO had no choice about (overweight, poor, bad acne, etc.)Why the inequality?

I hope someday soon, we will be celebrating a day to remember ALL kids who lost their lives due to bullying of any kind. I'll go get dressed in purple, but in my heart it will be to support all bullied kids-not just a specific group.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is about bullying NOT just gay bullying!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I do not look at it only as the gay bullying but bullying in general. I did not even associate purple until I saw this question.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Only in your mind is it specific, it just so happens that most have been gays. It is bullying in general.

Answer by older at 11:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I was curious so I went and looked it up for us. It looks like today is for the support for gay teens. Here's a link.

http://www.glaad.org/spiritday
    ClaireW

Answer by ClaireW at 11:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I hope for a dya when we don't have celebrate dead children, when people can celebrate differences!!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• there is an anti bully day already...this must be for what has recently happend
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it is all about bullying period. All of the kids that killed themselves that I have heard about were not gay....

Bullying needs to be stopped.

I am so sick of it!! One cop said too me after my daughter was jumped, bullying is happening all over the place, now if my daughter stayed in the hospital and was not realeased I am sure he wouldn't not have said that.... GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

It is not only the kids, it is the schools that don't do anything, teachers-trying not to get involved, crossing guards-one was affraid of losing his job... This is what I went through....... Sad, but true........ God bless everyone who does get involved, because when you don't you are just as well at fault.... :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Because of the rate at which it is happening

but no, one is not more important

One is just more common

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't own purple, so I'm wearing black today. For all the victims
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I completely agree! Its should be for all bullied victims.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010