How to use the yoga ball to help labor?

Hey mamas! I have been in prodromal labor for about a week now! I just bought a yoga ball and wanted to know some techniques that you have used in order to induce labor with it. Did you bounce, rock, what did you do? Thanks!

MommieIsSexay

Asked by MommieIsSexay at 11:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I sat on it while at home the week I delivered. I just sat and kind of rolled a little. It felt good on my hips because I think it spread them a little :o)

Good Luck!!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Bouncing seems to be the most effective for the wome I've talked to. I didn't use my ball for labor, but for positioning the baby (leaning over it, sitting on it, etc).

Prodromal labor sucks! Good luck, mamma! It'll be soon!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I hurd that bouncing on it while spreading your legs as far apart as possiable helps. But I've been trying this, and so far its not working. Might help you out though?
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I used a yoga ball, and what i did was sit on it and roll my hips in a circle one way then switch to the opposite direction. I also bounced on it for like 30-mins to a hr at a time. It moved my labor along. I liked the rolling my hips the best though. Good luck.
    Muppet2010

Answer by Muppet2010 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I bounced on it some, and used it to stretch and open up my hips. You can also use it to help you squat, which might help bring Baby's head down. I LOVED it in labor. I sat on it and rocked a lot.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010