Pumpkin seeds?

I know there is a way to cook pumpkin seeds to make them a yummy snack. Anyone know what to do? What do you season them with?

momof3josephs

Asked by momof3josephs at 11:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If you've never roasted pumpkin seeds before here are my tips. When you carve your pumpkins scoop the seeds into a colander and the guts onto newspaper. Inevitably some of the guts will be mixed in with the seeds but when you run water over them it's separated out pretty easily. After you drain the rinsed seeds, pour them onto a large, dry cookie sheet and let them sit for 24 hours or so to dry out. Now you can pick out the remaining pieces of pumpkin stuff that didn't get pulled out earlier and they will roast better if they are not wet when they go in the oven. Spray with butter-flavored spray or 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil and season with salt, garlic salt or Lawrey's seasoned salt. Bake them at 300 for 30-45 minutes . Keep a close watch, and stir occasionally.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Salt and put them in the oven til they are dry. I LOVE pumpkin seeds. Y-U-M-M-Y.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I bake them at 375 with sea salt. Kids like them like that. Then because we carve several pumpkins I have lots of seeds so I experiment with other spices. I love sea salt and cayanne. really spicy and my husband like sea salt and pepper. I shake them every 15 minutes to roast evenly.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 11:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I just made them yesterday! I toss them in a little oil and salt and bake them at 350 for about 15 minutes (until they start to brown a little). You can also season them with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and sugar. My mom also liked seasoned salt on them.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010