have you ever gotten really totally depressed??

I have never felt so depressed before, just thinking about Christmas.
Dh and i have a 2 year old daughter, and this has to be our worst year ever financially.
I can not work due to there is no sitter and he can not work due to him being sick and doctors don't know what's wrong with him...We have decided to move by next summer to be closer to family 6 hrs from where we live now, so i can get a job and support our family while dh tries to figure out what wrong with him.
But in the mean time, all i can think about is Christmas and how bad it is going to be this year, i was thinking to myself how last year this time, i was excited about this year cause dd will understand whats going on and be more excited about Christmas and things, but now this year is here and i could just cry because she might only get one present and it breaks my heart. I just feel so depressed, but i am trying so hard to hold it together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• At two years old she's not going to worry abut how many gifts are under the tree.It's' our nature to want to spoil our kids during this time of year, but there are other ways. Take her to see the lights. Kids that age love that type of thing. Take some paper, even junkmail will do, and make a blizzard of snowflakes. You can add glitter to them if you like. You can usually find huge tubs of glitter for a dollar or two at dollar stores. Are you crafty? Make her a toy or two. If she likes putting on hats or your shoes, go to a thrift store and buy some clothes she can use for dress up and put them in a cute box. Make and decorate cookies with her. Google a recipe for play dough, then make ornaments with her. The main thing is to make memories with her. And while you're focusing on doing all those things, I bet you will start smiling as well. Good luck hon.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Don't forget that most of Christmas is about family and the magic of the season (and Jesus if you are religious). Yes it's depressing that the amount of gifts will shrink this year but I think it's important to remember what we do have. Fill the month with special Christmas activities like crafts and baking. Get a small tree, play Christmas music all day, light the fire place. I'm excited just thinking about it ♥
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Go to your local DSHS office, they do toy drives or can give you information about some local ones.... don't feel bad, it's hard times for most people and the fact that you worked so hard for that one gift will mean the world to her....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2010