grown kids(I WONDER WHAT IF!!!

why do we as parents keep on putting up with so call grown kids?

i bend over backwards for mines sometimes even have did things i didnt wanna to make for sure they have i am in a hella mess right now becuz i was trying to help my child but yeah its my own fault but as they wherer growing up i put them through so much to a dagree it has affected them mentaly, and sometimes they 2 of them do things and try and make me feel so guilty, i have done things for 2 of them that may be getting ready to put me in jail,,, i dt ask my kids for anything, a little help every now and becuz i am disabled but i have to freaking pay them everytime they do anything for when i dt help my son he say things like i am going to find a way to get money i know what he mean (stealing ect ect. my son is disabled mental problems but they took him off his ssi (I WONDER WOULD THEY MISS ME IF I DIED!! I WONDER HOW WOULD THEY MAKE IT!! I AM TIRED!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Because parenting never stops!

Answer by older at 11:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You have got to cut them off. You raised them the best you could and they make their own choices now. It is ok to help them now and then, but it sounds like they are taking advantage of you. They will never learn to live on their own if you do not make them. Stop helping them and try to give them advice instead on what they should do to help themselves, it is really doing what is best for them.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 11:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have helped my grown children but not to the point of nearly going to jail, and they wouldn't ask me to. I think it really depends on how they were raised. Mine had to earn a lot of they things they wanted. We did not automatically provide what they wanted.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 1:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010