Do you find that people are more rude then ever before?

Bubbles120

Asked by Bubbles120 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i'd agree that there is a lack of manners being 'taught'...children learn by example, and the best AND worst example is how their parents act. unfortunately, rude children grow into rude adults.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, as far as lack of manners, respect, character, etc. It's certainly not being taught the way it was when I was growing up.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes. There is a serious lack of manners and respect, especially but not exclusive in today's youth. People are very self-absorbed.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No some people will always be rude!

Answer by older at 11:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. Not in general.
    I find that more christians than ever, believe that they are living in the "end days" and feel obligated to become evangelists- reality is that since the beginning of christianity, they have believed they were living in the end of days. Sadly, it is neither their responsibility, or their right to force their beliefs, opinions, or agenda upon the rest of society.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• In many instances, yes. I think many people just think of themselves, and don't even have a clue they are being rude. Also, with both parents working, it's a job just getting kids physical needs taken care of, feeding, bathing, etc. Parent's have little time to teach good manners, and are in such a rush they aren't setting good examples. Plus, it takes time and energy to correct children and most parents are too tired to do that. Not bashing, just saying this is the way it is.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it depends on what you define as rude... I find it 10 times ruder to think something and not say it than I do for someone to simply say what they are thinking... Granted not everything needs to be said, but the majority of things simply should be... If you're a "bite your tongue" kind, then I'm sure you think people are being ruder than ever before, but to me, people are finally getting to a point where they are willing to be honest.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yes since 2000
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it's just because we live in an age where it's all about "me!" But, the Bible tells us that in the end days, men will become lovers of themselves. And, please, don't get me wrong, of course we are to look out for ourselves, and our own first and foremost. But, not at the cost of common decency and respect for others. You can take care of yourself and your family,and still not shove a person out of the way to get in the door first. I honestly feel though, that it's all just fulfilling Bible prophesies, especially in Revelations,and we are very near to Jesus' return. Until then, all we can do, is just hope people realize that forcing someone off the road, just to get to the stoplight 1/10 of a second before them is beyond rude, and downright dangerous.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 11:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• IRL yes, especially around the holidays. :) I work with people.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010