What's the most romantic thing you've ever done for your spouse or vice versa?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, there have been many over the years, but my favorite memory was for Valetine's after our 2nd son was born. We hadn't been out alone since he was born 6 months earlier, and I thought I would do something romantic, and asked my father in law to babysit so I could surprise my hubby and we could go out to dinner. FIL was thrilled, and apparently couldn't keep the secret, but my husband didn't let on that he knew. We went to a fancy dinner at a restaurant out on the harbor, then dancing in their little night club, then my husband suggested we go for a walk along the harbor. I was a little surprised when he took me onto a boat (that I didn't know a friend of his owned) and there were rose petals spread all over, and a bottle of champagne on ice.

It was so romantic, and he managed to keep it a secret the entire time. All these years later, definitely one of my favorite memories.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I haven't done anything yet. I'm still planning. =D
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well yday was our ann. and i got up at 5 to cook him breakfast (it was alos his bday) i thought it was pretty sweet excpet he woke up rite in the middle of me cooking which kinda ruined it but he was still happy :)
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• my dh used to work nights and got home around 1am. One time I stayed up and cooked a romantic dinner, had candles lite everywhere and music playing when he got home. it was really nice since most nights when he came home he would get a snack and I would already be asleep.

We just celebrated our 5th anniversary and I "re-created" our wedding. I made the same meal we had at our reception, decorated the table just as the tables were set at the reception and had our CD of our wedding music playing. I had (fake) trees set up with little lights on them and candles lite.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• ohwrite - That's so sweet!!!
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My dh arranged for us to go on a weekend getaway, got a babysitter, reserved a hotel room and everything. I found out when he was packing my suitcase. I was so surprised and it made me so happy to know he was making me a priority.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I got a hotel room for a night and took him to dinner and took him to the hotel room and gave him a sensual oil massage and well you know.....

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010