How do you warm your baby bottles?

kherz

Asked by kherz at 11:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I nursed my children, but when the need for bottles came, I would warm the milk (stove top low heat or microwave). Some people place the bottles in a bot with water on the stove, although I never tried that method...
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I used a microwave. And tipped it back and forth to get rid of hot spots.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• In a cup of hot water. You aren't supposed to ever put them in a microwave.

Answer by missanc at 11:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My first was formula-fed, and I never warmed his bottles. I used water straight from the tap, mixed the formula, and fed it to him, and he was fine with that.

The relatively few times we tried to give my breastfed daughter a bottle of pumped milk, it was warmed up by holding it under hot tap water.

Technically you're supposed to warm it under hot tap water or in a pan of hot water. Not everyone does, though. Since I never really had to deal with it, I never learned of any tricks or anything.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I make them using tap water and powdered formula so no need to warm.

On the occasion that we have had to warm bottles we've always used the microwave.  15 seconds on high will take the chill off of a 6oz bottle.

Only my oldest (now 10) had to have warm bottles.  The other 4 kids took them room temp so no need to warm anything unless it was coming out of the fridge (except my now almost 8yo dd, she would drink hers cold, she didn't care).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• boil water in shallow pot sit bottles in warmed water it should warm them enough to suit baby :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We make the bottles ahead of time and put them in the fridge. We use a bottle warmer which just takes the chill off and is fast.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• we have a large cup in the sink and fill that with HOT tap water and float the bottle in that till it's warm. you might have to replace the water once but that way you don't waste water
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We use the microwave and shake it every 7 seconds. Usually we just use them room temp though. With my first, I used a bottle warmer...and it seemed to take FOREVER to get warm....or I would get it too warm.
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 12:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Early on when I was attempting to bf, we were giving him expressed milk and formula supplements. I used a cup of hot water to warm it up since the expressed milk had been stored and we were preparing a lot of formula at once and putting it all in the fridge. Once he got a little older, I didn't bother warming it anymore, and I usually just made the bottles when I needed them. We had a bottle warmer for upstairs that we'd used for middle of the night feedings, but we could have lived without that, I think. We only used it for a couple months. I wouldn't bother buying one again anyway.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010