Does your spouse cook dinner?

Is there a particular dish they're really good at cooking? What about worst at cooking?

My husband loves to experiment in the kitchen. Nearly everything he's made has been wonderful. He tried super duper awesome yummy burgers last month. Take two thin burger patties (thawed) and put in the center cut up bits of bacon premixed with chorizo. Place this on one patty and use the other patty to seal it inside. Then, cook! They're amazing and I can't wait to have them again!

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We take turns. My husband is great at throwing things together and making great food. I am great at following recipes. He makes awesome sausage biscuits and grave so that is his thing. I am pretty good at chili. There have only been a few tings that have been made that the other didn't care for.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 5:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Mine can't even fry an egg! heck but he cleans and mows the law beautifully!

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That sounds so good. My husband and I both love to cook. It works out nice!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Mine is AWESOME!
    He makes the best French Onion Soup in the world!!! He makes all kinds of Yummy stuff!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 11:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My husband is a great cook! Lol, part of the time we are fighting over the kitchen, because we both love to cook!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He will cook, and did quite a few times after our youngest was born, but since I'm a SAHM supper is usually at least close to finished by the time he gets home. He does cook breakfast for our 2 year old (usually eggs or french toast), and he loves to grill anything.

Answer by missanc at 11:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My Hubby will cook if I'm sick, not feeling well, or just plain exhausted... His specialty is BLT's,lol.... He's not fond of cooking, it's more of a necessity than fun for him.. He'd rather be under our Jeep in the Garage.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Wow musicpisces...I could say almost word for word what you said! my husband told me he could cook when we dated...in the 23 years we've been together he's cooked an actual meal I think 3 times, although he does grill. I cook healthy...he doesn't know what that means. I'm a little bit of a control freak about the kitchen (okay a lot) however, suddenly now that are kids are pretty much grown, he will occasionally join me in the kitchen to help, and I have actually really enjoyed that.

If I don't cook, we eat out......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My hubby claims he can cook. He's cooked for me less than 5 times, and part of it is my control-freak-y thing about the kitchen, and part of it is that I cook healthy stuff, he does not. I'm really trying to keep us eating clean, so being the cook gives me that power. He will make waffles sometimes (when there's mix- otherwise I have to make the batter first).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, if he wants to eat before 7pm. He gets home 3 hours before I do, so he does a lot of the cooking. I will usually prepare the meal the night before and he will cook it.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 11:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2010