I am 9 weeks pregnant now but i still have my period, how is this possible? adult content

I am 9 weeks now. My last period started on the 1st of August, than i missed the September one and found out that i'm pregnant. But on the 1st of October it started again, so i called the ambulance and they took me to the hospital - they thought i'm loosing it, kept me there for a week injecting and giving pills. But the USN showed that the baby is ok, but the risk of having a misscariage is extremly heigh till the 20th week, so now i'm on Duphaston. Nobody explained anything to me, so i'm kinda scared....

ViKtoriaG

Asked by ViKtoriaG at 11:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you ever seen "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant?" Those women swear up and down they had their periods through the whole pregnancy. So you're not alone. Good Luck!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• This sounds fishy. I don't knwo of any doctor or hospital who would keep a woman in there for a week for a threatened miscarriage. There is nothing they can do to prevent it.

That said, bleeding int he first trimester is very common. A lot of women do lose babies, it's true. But a lot of women also go on to have totally healthy pregnancies.

There is no way to know how this is going to go for you, but if you've seen a heartbeat on the ultrasound then chances are pretty good that this baby is sticking around for a while :)

Also, the chance of miscarriage goes down at 12 weeks, not 20. ANy birth after 20 weeks is called a stillbirth, that's why they said the chances of miscarriage lower then. 85% of miscarriages occur before 12 weeks, though.

Good luck, mamma! Sticky dust!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My grandma had them the whole first trimester with all seven kids,so yes it's very possible.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i have plecental bleeding they said its normal it looked like reg peroid maby your havin same thing???
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Im 33 weeks and have had a period every month
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would call your ob and tell them what is going on.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010