Something dumb I cannot stand: please add your own...

I am a big fan of House Hunters on tv. Alot of times there are these people who buy mansions - 1 million+ ... and then after they move in ( the show comes back usually a few months later to see what they did to the house) ... and it shows how the installed custom wine rooms, brand new funiture, media rooms, etc..... but then they show the kids rooms and it just a white or tan room with one hand-me down looking bed...and that is it....I have seen this several times and I know it is silly to even think about but i am a decorater so maybe that is why....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• When people do nothing to better themselves and ask for everything to be handed to them. It bugs the crap out of me. AND I agree with you on yours, I am the same way.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I watch HGTV all the time and yet I have not seen kids' rooms that have NOT been updated and decorated.
    I must have missed that .....I probably wouldn't watch an episode about million dollar homes.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Here's what bugs me: Teens who have no other ambitions than to have sex and avoid school/learnng. ANd spend any cash they can get their hands on in the tattoo parlors.
    Maybe I should be pissed at their lame parents who don't want to raise them.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i hate the questions on here "do u think im pregnant" it drives me crazy there are at least 4-5 a day!! and i agree with all the others as well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• All the reality shows on tv about famous people that are famous for making money and have no talent, acting experience and show up at clubs and get paid 10,000 dollars for it. It is just unbelievable.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't hate, where is all this coming from. How about trying to ask constructive questions, not bashing. Although I don't agree with a home style or whatever, but when I asked why big homes have big improvements, and huge incomes, and etc, etc, etc, on and on it's due to people having what they dreamed, and then the low income or low class getting lowered because of that. It's just a question... If people don't understand and you think I'm going on ...etc. I even understand that, via , due to most people wanting their own way, I don't know anyone here, if I did, it wouldn't matter. Hate is not good, I am just trying to get understanding. Don't hate me too for that because it's my curious right to understand, however, to hate someone having an improvement, I don't spread that further than I don't understand how some can waste money when others have no way to work.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i cant stand how that show is nothing but $300,000 houses and up or they are buying a second home. I want to see a REAL show, with people buying mobile homes or buying a realistically priced home lol. And these rich people complain "eww I hate the carpet...next house please!" Oh my god get over the cosmetics people! If you can afford a second home on the beach you should be happy with that carpet!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• who would want to watch a show about someone buying a itty bitty home? (besides the fact they couldnt get the cameras in there)  The idea is the fantasy. And you dont have to like how it is decorated. A million dollar home is NOT what it used to be... it isnt always big and fancy... the cost of living has gone up so much that it is much much much more common place than you would think.

Anonymous

• I can't stand people who whine and cry about their financial situation and they've got like a new SUV, designer purse, latest cellphone, basically things that they could 'downgrade' to make their financial situation better.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with ya Owl Feathers!! Some people complain about the wallpapers and carpet colors. Like they can't change that, or update the baths and kitchens themselves. I hate seeing where they say the place has NEW carpet, and they say,"Oh I hate carpet, I want hardwood floors. We'll have to take that up!" Sheesh! One show I saw they ripped it out and put in wood floors in the whole house! New carpet. Wasted!

We need to make up our own show! Living REAL Life Buying REAL Homes! Where your expectations MAY be high, but Reality sets in!

When I lived in the UK... I watched a show there like House Hunters for Brits buying land in France, Europe somewhere...and they want ALL these nice homes, land..but then they have to deal with NO deeds to properties and not allowed to make certain improvements with out approval..THEY show how hard it can be, and how much they'd need to spend to upgrade plumbing or put it in homes..etc.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010