Still not moving....

She started moving at 4 am this morning. She kicked like a couple times throughout the night but nothing like usual. I tried orange juice and laying there. I was up all night just waiting. The doctor said she should move six times every hour at least. Now they said if that's not happening, I should go to Labor and Delivery for a kick count?

Has anyone experienced this? My SO is at work and will be late getting our car fixed which died this morning. I don't want to go alone to a hospital but know he can't be there. Kinda worried?

AshBaldwin011

Asked by AshBaldwin011 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call your ob
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had to do a kick count with my first and everything was fine. I mean, its a situation where you don't want to wait in case something is wrong and you don't want to rush in case nothing's wrong. You dr. said to go, so thats what I would do. Is there any way your SO could get off for today to take you?
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 11:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's always best to go in and get checked, but yes I had one time when she wasn't moving for hours, I did the juice and laying down and not much.....the on call nurse who called said to wait a little bit longer and then she did start moving. They can have lazy days just like we do. But it doesn't hurt to get seen, especially if it's been awhile
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had this happen with both of mine. Drink something with extra extra sugar, that is cold, wait about 30 min and you should feel more movement. This was advide that my dr. gave me and it seemed to really work!! But if you are worried you should see your dr. You are the only one that knows how you feel!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 12:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My mom is on stand by...blessed by her being so close. My SO works construction all day long so there is really no way to get a hold of him. There is an emergency line but don't want to use it in case its not an emergency. I am going to wait a couple more hours. The OB said to have a big meal, try some caffeine and lay on my left side and just count. I think everything is fine, but if she doesn't move a lot by lunch I'll go.
    AshBaldwin011

Comment by AshBaldwin011 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• How far along are you?
    I'm assuming you are pretty far along if they are suggesting kick counts, but I could be wrong.

If you are close to a point where you could be going into labor baby could be getting ready for that and won't move a ton during that time. I would try eating something, then drinking something ICE COLD, wait a little bit then lay down. I bet you'll feel baby in no time.

Btw I was told if I don't feel anything in the first hour to wait half an hour, eat/drink, then try again for another hour. If there's still nothing by the end of the second hour to go to L&D for monitoring. My baby has lazy days btw where he moves MUCH less than other days so I am sure she is fine, but most importantly it will make YOU feel better to get checked if you still haven't felt anything by the end of hour 2.

Good Luck. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am almost 26 weeks. I went to the Labor and Delivery Triage. She had a strong heart beat but wasn't moving. She was grabbing her toes in the ultrasound. She is face down which I guess makes a difference. I guess she does move every hour but me feeling it is a different story. It just depends on the ways she is laying, her strength, etc. I thought I would feel it, but no. She is happy and healthy and so am I. I got to listen to her heartbeat for a couple of hours and just breath easier. Thanks for all the advice everyone!!

Oh! Her eyes are open and closing! Kinda creepy to loo at...but reassuring non the least.
    AshBaldwin011

Comment by AshBaldwin011 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010