I've been living under a rock lol

Just read today that Liza Minelli is Judy Garland's daughter! I had no idea! What did you recently fnd out which made you feel kinda stupid for not knowing?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL, the REAL lyrics to Road House blues. I was singing them wrong for YEARS! At least DH got a good laugh at at me last night..LOL!

One of my girlfriends is 44 years old & thought that a Jukebox, was a JUPEbox...LOL! I guess it's hard to tell the difference so no one may have noticed. But, my DH noticed & called her out on it. She was quite embarrasses. Hilarious that in her 44 years of life, she thought it was a JUPE box & not a JUKE box...LOLOLOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I discovered red dye #40 was from insect excrement, or insects ground up or something like that, this is a bug that was used for years, to make red dye. It's shell or it's whole body, not for sure on that . Now it's been banned for almost 2 years. Can't make it ...can't sell it, ....can't eat it.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• ewwwwww coffeeyum really? and only for 2 years? GROSS
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Coffeeyum, please do your research before posting rumors- http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/bugjuice.aspRed
    Dye #40 is bug free. Carmine and cochineal food colorants is made from bugs.

I have been mispronouncing gubernatorial. I pronounced it as governatorial. I found out that the reason why it is pronounced gubernatorial is because we got this word from the Latin term- gubernare (meaning to govern) but we got the word governor from the Old french language, so this is why they may sound and mean similar things but are pronounced differently.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I did not know that BEN STILLER ( Love him! ) Parents were........Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller for a long time. He does not resemble either of them really!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010