how to curb baby lust?

I'm advancing in age, I have a sugar and a blood pressure problem. I'm having a hard time finding full time work in the area (and surrounding area), and only make enough for car payments. I stay with friends with nights get really cold. My life is too messed up to have a baby. But, why do I desire a baby so much? Having a baby would practically kill me.

I'm at the point that I don't visit people with newborns, until that baby reaches the age of two. (I haven't visited my sister for this same reason, that I can't wait for that baby to grow up.)

I have raised a child now (who is in college) and remember the sleepless nights, the expensive bills, and some humiliating comments. But this does not detere me.

How to I curb intense baby lust (when I know that having a baby will kill me)?

Listed this as health - mental health issue

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• Well, sounds like you are doing all you can. sorry I can't be of any help.... but I agree that you do not need a baby.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Maybe you could transform it into grand-baby lust?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If I were you.....

I would start doing some soul searching to figure out what was behind this strong desire/want to have a child. There are always reasons behind why someone wants something this badly. There is a reason behind, some need or want that you want filled in your life, some sense of security, some sense of love , some sense of responsibility, maybe lonliness, maybe fear ... .. These are just possibibilties.. The real reason is only known by you and you alone. You just need to delve into yourself and figure out what that reason is. Once you figure out the reason behind this desire, you then can logically address this and reason it out.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010