Does this sound right to you?

My son has never been to daycare before and I enrolled him in drop-in day care at a church so I can sub from time to time on days when I don't have a lot of homework. Anyway, I get there and she said he went potty for her! What?! He's never done that for me! And he didn't want to leave. He actually threw a big fit when I tried to take him home! What a little stinker! hahaha

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• :) hahaha
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yep, sounds right to me.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds pretty normal!! I bet he wanted to be like the other kids in his class so he used the potty. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Lol, does it sound right that you have two totally different children wrapped up in one being? YEP! Little stinkers do it to all of us! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I was told by my daycare provider yesterday that my 2 year old pooped on the potty for her. At home, he throws a total hissy fit if I even POINT at the potty, sigh...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with Candi, it does sound right... My mother-in-law works in a daycare, and there are quite a few children that don't want to leave when the parents get there. The little guy must have really enjoyed himself, liked the workers, and felt comfortable there. I would feel more reassured about leaving him there in the future.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• lucky, my boy is the opposite
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yep..I been there before my daughter has done the same exact thing kids are something u got to love them.
    nyla34

Answer by nyla34 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You'll find that as your son gets older (and if you ask the daycare staff) that its perfectly normal (albeit annoying) that your son will do things for them that he won't do for you. Why? Because your son wants to 'impress' the daycare staff, being that he's not with them all the time, and he knows that he doesn't have to impress you. And the thing about him not wanting to leave? Because toddlers never want to stop having fun...he saw you as the interruption to his fun, and wasn't trying to have any parts of that. Completely normal, daycare staff see it ALL the time.
    My two oldest DD's would clean up their messes at daycare and even sing the 'Clean Up" song, but when I asked them to do it at home, they looked at me like I have another eye in the middle of my forehead.
    Again, all normal for toddlers.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 2:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Not wanting to leave daycare is very normal. They're having such a great time with their friends, they don't want to leave. Make potty training at home fun for him. Also, ask his teacher the how and why. She should be able to give you some pointers and ideas to help him maintain his potty training at home.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010