It is possible to get pregnant in 3 months after miscarriage?

I recently had a miscarriage about 2 months ago. i am tracking my ovulation and my cycles have returned to normal.

trac80912

Asked by trac80912 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you're having sex, it's possible...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Absolutely. Matter of fact, some studies say you're EXTRA fertile after one. I had a miscarriage November 2007. I got pregnant with my son December 2007. So yeah, definitely possible :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Absolutely, some get pregnant the month following.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well I miscarried January 22, 2010 and got my BFP March 19,2010 and I'm 34w4d now so yep I would say you could. lol

I was just advised to make sure I have one normal period before trying again because that increases the odds of having a successful pregnancy the next time around.

Good luck!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Actually, kfroz0415 (congrats, btw), the only reason they want you to have one normal period is because it makes it easier for them to date a subsequent pregnancy... It really doesn't affect your odds of having a successful pregnancy at all.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• if you are able to get pregnant right after having a baby why would it be different with a miscarriage
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sorry for your loss ! yes in fact you could be pregnant. After my miscarriage I started taking folic acid and within 9 months I was pregnant again . Good Luck
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 10:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Anouck - Maybe it has to do with my issues with carrying a pregnancy then because my doctor told me she wanted one normal cycle beforehand so my chances would increase. She briefly explained that my uterus would have had ample time to completely return to normal size and that it would guarantee the lining/tissue from prior pregnancies would be gone. *shrugs* I figured it helped date it too.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010