Do you doante food....

around the holidays, or any other time???

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we donate to family and friends in need...they are our first priority.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yes! always! always a good feeling
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I make gift baskets for thanksgiving and christmas and then just make dinner for random families to give the moms out there just a night where they don't have to worry about making dinner for a night!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We adopted a family not too long ago that was in between jobs. Dad had just gotten a new job, and they needed help to tie them over until his first paycheck came. We have a tradition in our family that for your birthday, in addition to gifts, you get some money to do something good for someone else/donate. So that's what we did with my hubby's. We contribute to canned food drives, and take stuff to the food bank sometimes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We have a box in our kitchen were we put cans and whatnot to go to charity all year long. Then as we hear of people in need or have the chance to get it to a shelter or something we give it away... I see no reason in donating around the holidays though, seeing that's the only time the shelters tend to have a surplus... I prefer to wait til the majority of people are not giving, since that's when more people are in need.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes. We do and right now my sons school is having their fall food drive...its for a month, so every other day I send in a few canned goods, boxed mashed potatoes, Lipton noodles in the packages, those side dish noodles.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, and we do the scouting for food in January too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes! Every year, a ton. I love helping out those less fortunate. I also will donate a couple toys and my daughter's old winter clothes/boots that are in good shape =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, our church collects food for our food pantry and we also donate to Christian Helping hands year round.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 12:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We donate to our local food pantry every month.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010