Supermarket food demo, Have you ever done one?

Im going to do a food demo in publix on the weekends, I have never done this before. Has anyone else? Just wondering what to expect.

faithful78

Asked by faithful78 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Nope, but I would love to!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I actually staff and train the people who work at those demos. I'm not sure about Publix in particular, or whatever brand you are doing they can be very hit or miss. Sometimes you will be insanely busy (generally food demos) and for soaps, and non edibles they are generally much slower. Normally you get there early, set up your table. People will ask you questions (so know your info) and try to get as much info about the product. Be prepared for some real genius know it alls. Generally speaking, if you enjoy people, then you will like to do them. Don't be afraid to move people along either., That is a pet peeve of stores. Having a person blocking anyone else from trying it. Other than that, you might need to count inventory or get a sales report from the store. Pretty easy. If you have any more specific questions, let me know.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah. My mom has a ravioli business, and I've helped her in new stores here and there. Some people will be interested, some people won't. Don't be offended by those not interested. Be enthusiastic about the product, and give your honest opinion about what you love.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with both pp. you just have to be honest about your product. Just be friendly.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no but good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My mom used to demo for Coke years ago, she loved it! She had to set up her stand, keep track of how many 2-liters she used, and clean up after her shift was over. She loved it, people like getting free stuff and were generally really nice to her :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010