in YOUR OWN words, what is Love?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 12:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• IMO love is a selflessness. It is taking no offense, having compassion, acquiring genuine understanding. It is, I believe, all of the things that make up God's character, all of the things we're expected to try to be - gracious, patient, giving, sincere... I believe it is a truly selfless way of being in the world - not just an emotion, but a way of existing, a state of mind, a point of view. It is being connected to others, understanding the unity and bond we share as fellow humans. The foundation of what makes us human, of our very humanity, if you will. Something that can be cultivated and also something that is infinite. It is the ultimate passion, the ultimate calling....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• ~!~Being able to completly be yourself around that person......to be with your bestfriend :)....i am lucky to say that i have that with my fiance! :)
    kmscsj

Answer by kmscsj at 12:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• A deep tender feeling towards another person, it can be romantic or platonic, many kinds of love out there, but up to this day it still makes the world go round!

Answer by older at 12:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Wow- deep question!! I guess I would have to say it a feeling of caring for, protecting, and enjoying the company of someone. It's wanting to do anything ypu can to make them happy, and it means putting their needs before your own.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That depends upon what TYPE of love you are referring to... but then again, maybe it doesn't.

Most people think of love as an emotion, something that you cannot control... it comes and it goes, but really it is a choice, it's a commitment.

We CHOOSE whether or not to love our spouse... we CHOOSE whether or not to love our family... we CHOOSE whether or not to love our friends... we CHOOSE whether or not to love our neighbors... we CHOOSE whether or not to love the stranger's we come in to contact with on a daily basis.

When we CHOOSE whether or not to love any individual person, we make a conscious choice whether or not to treat that person with a particular degree of respect and affection, depending upon the TYPE of love we CHOOSE to extend toward them.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• There are different kinds of love and love can change from day to day. I love myself and that makes me open to sharing, feeling, committing, accepting, and be affectionate. I am a mom so I have unconditional love and it in return. I am a wife, I have committed love and passion and devotion. Good question....BUMP!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• LOVE IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. THE REASON I SAY THAT IS THE FAITH AND HAPPINESS I HAVE RECIEVED AND MY CHILDREN HAVE IS ACTUALLY UNBELIEVABLE. I AM NOT A FAKE EITHER I HAVE LOVE. FROM GOD AND MY PIERS, NO LIES, NO HATE, NO BAD STUFF. WE ALL BELIEVE IF YOUR THINKING IS POSITIVE, THEN EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL IN PLACE. JUST DO NOT GIVE UP. YOU WILL HAVE BAD TIMES BUT, IT IS UP TO YOU ON HOW YOUR ACTIONS ARE PRESENTED.
    heather487

Answer by heather487 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would have to say that it is not just an emotion but a devotion as well. That euphoric feeling that you can get by just thinking of someone, but the desire to want to give that person the feeeling as well. Its you hurting when they hurt, laughing when they laugh, and above all wanting to make that person happy, whether it is them being happy with you or another. It is a complete giving your heart and soul to another person.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it still makes the world go round!--

i like that!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• crimsonia..i'm feelin' ya. i've always said, 'Love is a verb.'...meaning it is an action, something you do, rather than something you simply are. IMO
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010