4 infant deaths cause Graco to recall 2 million strollers....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39750625/ns/health-kids_and_parenting

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 12:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's horrible..... I post a question earlier about the recall. I hope everyone see it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Some of the kids weren't strapped in properly. Also, you gotta ask...why was no one looking at the kid long enough for it to slip down and then strangle or suffocate? I mean, it says in the manual and on the stroller not to leave kid unattended. And Graco is sending out repair kits, so, obviously it isn't really a defect so much as parent error.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I saw this on our local news. I don't agree with the recall. IMO, the parents should have properly strapped their children in. Also, how could a parent not know that their child slipped and was being strangled? I know makers have been at fault on many things, I just don't think this is one of them. I also have this same stroller. Never had a problem with it. I also never left my child unattended.

RIP to the children.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If I had one of those strollers I would just keep on using it.  Sounds like the recall has to do with people who don't use the product correctly.

As I speak my 3mo is sleeping in his stroller.  There's no way for him to slide down in his, though, because the tray has a cup holder that extends down between the legs.  Of course, he's so tiny his feet barely come to the edge of the seat.  Technically we are using it incorrectly since he isn't 6 months yet but he's all comfy in there and sleeps in it all the time.  If he's just sleeping in it we don't fasten him in.  If we're going for a walk he gets buckled up and is nice and safe.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010