can I put a used breastpump on craigslist?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• yes - just not the phalanges or whatever they are called, the funnel thingies that actually touched your breasts, and the tubing that actually touched your breastmilk. The rest of it you can sell. Good luck!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You can. People can get their own connection kits through the company. The pump itself doesn't have contact with milk, but they will need a new kit.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• yeah! they can buy their own tubes n suction cups
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I was told my the nurses at the NICU that cared for DD5 that breast pumps should not be shared between women. There's a filter that can't be changed within the pump that traps bacteria. For some reason it doesn't affect your child/children because they're all drinking your milk, but it might cause a problem for the next kid from another mom.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 1:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I heard the same thing as MeggieSwan that any non hospital grade breast pump should NOT be shared, because of internal parts that cannot be changed and will trap bacteria and other things.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sure you can, supposedly viruses (NOT BACTERIA) could *possibly* get into the motor however I see them on CL all the time and I know people who have bought used ones. I sold my Medela pump for $100 after using it for a year. They will just need to purchase their own tubing.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I did. But mine were manual and I had someone buy them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010