Is 6 weeks too young for a cold?

UGHH...poor girl! For the last 2 days she has been snotty and congested. She is sneezing a lot and sometimes coughing from the mucus. I called the doctor and they told me to put a humidifier in her room, keep her elevated, and use saline drops with the nose sucker for her nose. I feel so bad for her. Has anyone had a little one with a cold at six weeks? She hasn't been out a lot, but older brother goes to preschool and has had a constant runny snotty nose for a couple of weeks.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 1:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's never too young for a baby to be sick.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no, but i hate seeing them all congested. keep cleaning out her nose so it doesnt become flem or ear infection
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Try using that device they used at the hospital to take the mucus out of her nose, it might help, I hope she is better soon!

Answer by older at 1:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Do you give your preschooler vitamins? If you dont it may be a good idea especially vitamin c it will help keep his immune system defenses up more if he doesnt like chewables they also have gummy vitamins try to keep him away from the baby as much as possible until he is all better and keep an eye on babies temperature of course if it gets above 100.4 get her to the hospital ASAP otherwise do what the dr recommended and most of all keep her comfortable good luck!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I've been using the thing from the hospital..and I get a lot of snot! They told me not to overuse it..but it's like I can't get it all...she still sounds stuffy.
    BWIND

Comment by BWIND (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, our son takes vitamins. He constantly has a snotty nose. The ped. will not give him anything for it. He acts fine...never has a temp. He is on his 2nd set of tubes. His green snotty nose is always a battle in our house.
    BWIND

Comment by BWIND (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well they told you the proper way to care for a sick baby. there is nothing else you can do besides that. and they can get sick whenever....if you bf it makes them less likely to get sick, but that doesn't mean that they cannot. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010