What should I do?

I've been happily married for the past two years and we have a two year old little boy....recently I came in contact with a friend from high school and now I'm doubting just how happy I have been. Alot of people are telling me that it's just because it's something new and exciting and that it will pass but it's a month and it hasnt passed. i actually find myself crying alot over this friend and am just wondering what you all think?

RyleesMomma1008

Asked by RyleesMomma1008 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If the happily married statement is true, let the past stay there.......

Answer by older at 1:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• ignore the feeling and have mr date nights w hubby. sounds like what u miss is da whooing and butterflies. plan something nice and tell him its his turn next
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think you made a life long commitment to your HUSBAND and need to leave this friend alone. You are playing with fire right now, and if you aren't careful you will lose everything precious to you.

hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• to the first answer i have really been thinking abiout the baby but all i see is the arguing that we have been doing and wondering if he really should be seeing that
    RyleesMomma1008

Comment by RyleesMomma1008 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The grass is not always greener ya know. You are normal in having the "fantasies", & correct to have the self control not to act on them! You took vows & you have a family. You need to remember what's really, truly important in your life. Forget Mr. X, and focus on your husb., your marriage & your family.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It seems like some of the arguing could be a result of the secret feelings you are having and that isn't fair to your marriage. What is best for the baby is to have his parents together in a committed relationship. Your contact with this other person is going to inhibit you from being able to work to make your marriage stronger. Everything is easy and romantic in the beginning, but after a couple of years and a baby it takes work to keep a marriage strong. This carrying on with the other person will only undermine your efforts at keeping a strong marriage. You need to break off communication with this person on the grounds that it is harming your marriage, and your family. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think you are making a huge mistake even allowing yourself to be tempted by this "friend'. Look up the stats on relationships born out of cheating. Even if you left your dh for this guy it won't last.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You made a lifelong comittment to your husband, why are you allowing another person to interfere with it? Marriages have ups and downs but you always allow the good times to outweigh the bad. If you and your husband are arguing infront of your child, stop! But don't make excuses to cheat on your husband or excuses to leave him because of someone else. Remember, never leave someone for someone else, it will backfire on you!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• you arew just bored spice up your marriage dont ruin it for a fling.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with everyone else
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010