anyone elses family or friends do this?

Do any one else family or friends judge people when they say they dont feel good or something like that? idk if i am exlpaining this well, but im pregnant and if i feel something wrong and i say soemthing, they say im being dramatic and its nothing. Okay, it may be nothing so if i get checked and its nothing it eases my mind. If i go to the doctor or something they say im being stupid and dramatic and nothing is wrong with me...i HATE it so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• that depends on whether it's to excess.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• it was just once that i had to go. i actually try to take as long as possible to go to the doctors if i need to.
    Anonymous

• my boss use to do this...i went to thedr 4 everything i rather b safe than sry/...i know how it is....
    MadeylnsMom

Answer by MadeylnsMom at 9:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• it all depends. i have a friend that i think is a bit of hypochondriac so if you were telling me something then i might think that. i don't know if that is judging but some people are healthier than others and only you know your body. so let it go. i rarely go to the dr and i'm healthy as can be. good thing cause i rarely can afford health insurance. it's all perspective.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I rarely complain or go to the doctor, so if I do mention feeling sick or being concerned about something to anyone, they have never acted like I was over-reacting. In fact, my family thinks I am too laid back about everything! But, try not to let it bother you....You are pregnant and that entitles you to worrying a bit more AND to being more sensitive to people's reactions and such! You are right to follow through if you are concerned. You don't get any "points" for not asking questions or getting care if you need it! Take care of yourself...that is the important thing anyway.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I was really paranoid when I was pregnant too. Not that that's a bad thing. I was just fortunate enough to have loving, kind women to discuss things with. Maybe you need to seek out other women to talk to about questions that you have right now. It's your body, if you think something is wrong with you or your unborn baby,dont hesitate to pick up the phone to call your doc. or make an appointment. Better safe than sorry.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Especially since you're preggo, I say better safe than sorry, and who cares what others think? When I was pregnant with my second, I had some funny pains that I didn't have with my first. I was already having complications, but thankfully, nobody treated me the way they did you. We just hopped in the vehicle and went to the hospital where it was found I was in preterm labor! If people had treated me the way they did you, I might have lost my daughter. Follow your instincts. Like you said, better to have a doc tell you nothing is wrong than to have serious problems that go unchecked due to family pressure...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well, I only do it to my SO's dad. He gets on my nerves sooooo much. Every time I see him I ask him how he's doing and EVERY time he has something wrong with him......I see him like every other day. lol, He's CONSTANTLY sick to his stomach......I think he says that to get out of working on the farm. It drives me nuts. BUT, I think that since you're pregnant no one should judge you because EVERY pregnancy is different, and anything can happen at any moment. Try not to let them get to you.....Or if they do, you're pregnant now, so let those hormones fly! Tell them to shut up you really aren't feeling well. :-)
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 29, 2008