what kind os feminine products do u use? adult content

i use summers eve feminine wash and deo apray but its not cutin it anymore. i have always had odor probs down there and the dr has never said anyhting bout an infection or anything. so can u help me i have never tried a douche or anyhing so if u could explain whats best and what it does it will help extremly. and does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• This may sound gross but if you shave most of the hair down there and leave just a little (not long), it will help with the odor. I don't use any Fem. products because they irritate and burn me.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You have to watch, what you are using because you do not want a UTI infection. You should really call your doctor. If he does not help time to find another OB.
    Anonymous

• i like the feminine wipes...i just buy whatevers cheap, playtex is good. shaving also helps. i noticed a big difference when i was pregnant and let the hair grow back because i knew i wouldn't be able to see what i was shaving later.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You may be making the odor worse with all the products...

The first response said what I was going to about shaving. The pubic hair tends to hold the scent in, that's it primary purpose really. If you don't want an all over buzz cut, bald shave, or landing strip style, I would suggest shaving the underneath at least with a trimmer to keep the hair nice and short. BTW if using a trimmer make sure to use a length guard or you can and likely will cut yourself which hurts like a b*tch trust me I've done it. lol

Then I would suggest switching to all cotton panties if you haven't already and pair them with a lightly scented liner which you can change during potty breaks. Just make sure to wash with a mild soap and water everyday and it should help some.

Sorry Im not more help, but I only notice increased scent when somethings not right like a yeast infection...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• From what I understand, feminine products can actually hurt you, because they kill the "good" bacteria too (especially douches, just don't do them!). I honestly don't have an answer for you, my fiance always tells me I smell "ridiculously good" down there, heh. Maybe it's because I wax, I can't stand having any kind of pubic hair...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If it's available in your area, try sprinkling some shower to shower powder in your panties. It helps with odor. Do it a few times a day if you have to.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010